Education and Experience
Employers hire people who have completed basic education requirements.
- High school diploma
- HiSET, tutoring, and drop-out prevention
- Overcoming obstacles to education completion
- National Career Readiness Certificate (Math, Reading, Locating Information)
Employers hire people who are responsible and ready to work.
- Financial literacy
- Job Shadowing
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Employers hire people with a positive attitude, a desire to succeed, and work-specific training credentials.
- Job trends and growth industries
- Résumé preparation
- Interview skills training
- On-the-job training
- Short-term training (6-12 months)
- Long-term training (Associates degrees)
Plan Your Work and Work Your Plan
Employers hire people with a proven track record of success and plans for career development.
- Hiring events
- Job referral and placement
- Entrepreneurial skills training
- Long-term training (Associate's Bachelor's and Post-Secondary Degrees)