Which career is the best fit for you?
Once you have completed self-assessments, the next step is to explore potential careers to find a job that closely matches your interests, skills, values and personality. Career exploration activities will help you narrow down the possibilities.
Career exploration activities include:
- Browsing job postings and qualifications online
- Talking with someone working in the occupation
- Reading career profiles
- Watching career exploration videos
Researching career options may take some time, but you will be better equipped to make informed decisions about your future when you have the information you need.
Questions to keep in mind:
- What education, training, licenses or certifications are required?
- What are the primary work tasks?
- Will I need to relocate?
- How much money could I earn now and in the future?
- How many job openings are available now?
- What is the potential for career growth?
- What work environment is best for me?
Review the information in Related Resources to begin exploring careers now.