Missouri Job Centers are happy to provide services to those in the military community including Veterans, Transitioning servicemembers, and military spouses.
If you are an employer looking to hire Veterans, please visit the section down below.
Services Provided to the Military Community
Veterans and eligible spouses receive no-cost access to:
- Career guidance through group or individual counseling to assist in making training and career decisions
- Assistance in assessing transferable skills relative to labor market and educational opportunities
- Development of an Individual Employment Plan
- Job readiness assessments, including interviews and testing
- Appropriate referrals to job search tools and training providers
Visit a Missouri Job Center today where our experienced staff are ready to help meet your employment needs.
Additional services provided at Missouri Job Centers include:
- Career assessment and counseling
- Assistance with resumes, cover letters, and interviewing skills
- Job placement assistance and job search workshops
- Labor market information
- Computer assistance with internet access
- Online job application assistance
- Referrals to jobs, supportive services, and training resources
- Assistive technology hardware and software for special needs
Mo Heroes Connect Programs and Supportive Services for the Military Community
- Occupational Skills Training / ITAs
- On the Job Training Program
Supportive Services up to $1500
- Financial assistance to families facing financial crisis from overdue bills
- Child care expenses related to pursue training and/or employment
- Transportation expenses to assist with transportation to training and/or employment
Who is Eligible for Mo Heroes Connect Programs & Support?
- Active Duty Veteran / AGR
- Meets the Federal definition of a veteran (Title 38 USC code Ch. 42)
- Separated but not retired within the last 5 years
- Other than Dishonorable discharge
- National Guard or Reserve Component
- Member of a Reserve Component of the US Armed Forces (National Guard, Army Reserve, Marine Corps reserve, Air Force Reserve, Navy Reserve, or Coast Guard Reserve)
- Deployed on Federal Orders for at least 4 months (Title 10)
- Within 5 years of discharge from deployment
- The Spouse of a Military Service Member
- Currently Unemployed or Underemployed
- Is the spouse of an Active Duty US Military or Active Guard Reserve (AGR) service member
- Is the spouse of a member of the National Guard or Reserve Component
- The service member must have been deployed on Federal Orders for at least 4 months
- The service member must not be over 5 years from federal discharge from deployment
- Require active duty status documentation or DD214 for service member and spouse ID card or other documentation indicating spouse status
Are you an Employer Looking to Hire Veterans?
Veterans can bring valuable skills to your workplace. They have received world-class training while enlisted and bring those skills with them into your workplace.
Additionally, military spouses face barriers to employment related to their mobile military lifestyle, including frequent relocations and extended periods of family separation due to deployments.
There are incentive programs, guides and resources available to help you take the proper steps when preparing to hire a veteran, military spouse, or enlisted person.