What is Labor Market Information?
The career exploration process includes researching labor market information (LMI) to find the latest wage and occupational trends in your area. LMI is available from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and categorized by geographic area (national, state, city, county), occupation, and industry. LMI includes information related to the economy and jobs, including:
- Salary and wages
- Unemployment rates
- Demand for jobs
- Supply of workers
- In-demand jobs
- Declining occupations
- Industry trends
What can LMI tell me?
When you are choosing a career to pursue, comparing LMI data will help you answer important questions to help make career decisions, including:
- How much money can I expect to make in an entry-level job within this career?
- Are jobs available where I live or will I need to move if I choose this career?
- Is this a career that will lead to growth and job options in the future?
How can I access Missouri LMI data?
The Missouri Economic Research and Information Center (MERIC) provides data to help you learn more about working and living in Missouri. Use the related resources to learn about:
- Missouri's "top jobs"
- Fastest growing occupations
- Occupations with the most openings
- Future outlook of occupations