Missouri’s Eligible Training Provider System (ETPS)
What is the Eligible Training Provider System (ETPS)?
The Missouri Eligible Training Provider System (ETPS) was established in compliance with the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) of 1998 and amended by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) of 2014 to provide customer-focused employment training resources for adults and dislocated workers.
The Missouri Office of Workforce Development offers MoSCORES, an online search engine list of education and training providers who offer programs that are approved for WIOA or other federal funding. This list offers many education and training programs. If your organization delivers training or education in high-demand career fields, we want to add you as an Eligible Training Provider (ETP)!
Who is eligible to become an Eligible Training Provider (ETP)?
Post-secondary institutions and organizations may apply to become an ETP:
- Institutions of higher education that provide a program that leads to a recognized postsecondary credential
- Apprenticeship programs, including Industry Recognized Apprenticeship Programs (IRAPs) and Registered Apprenticeship Programs (RAPs)
- Other public or private providers that provide training that may include Community Based Organizations (COBs) and Joint Labor‐Management Organizations
- Eligible providers of adult education and literacy activities under WIOA Title II if such activities are provided in combination with individual training services
Why become an eligible training provider (ETP)?
Join the growing list of education and training providers!
- Are listed in the publicly accessible MoSCORES, searchable database
- May receive referrals for potential students from Missouri Job Centers
- May receive funding to train WIOA eligible individuals*
How do I get started?
The process is simple and we are available to assist you.
- Training and education providers who want to become an ETP must first create an account and request access to their institution or company's ETPS account.
- Once your MO Login account is created and you have been granted access to your institution/company ETPS account, you will receive email confirmation.
- Approved training providers can log in and complete an online training program application for approval.
What information do I need to complete a program application?
You should gather all of the information you will need to complete the online application, it will save you time to have everything in front of you. For a complete list of application information needed, refer to the ETPS Application Elements under the Resources for ETPS Providers on this page.
Generally, your organization must be willing to provide staff as an Equal Employment Opportunity officer and provider these application elements:
- Federal ID number
- Authorizing Authority to provide training in Missouri
- Website address (URL)
- Assurances for ongoing compliance
There are no cost associated with being listed on the ETPS. However, we do adhere to state statute 6 CSR 10-5.010, that does require payment of fees for certification or exemption with the Office of Postsecondary Policy.
Already an Eligible Training Provider?
Under the Resources for ETPS Providers on this page, log in to access your Training Provider account.
Find a list of other states Missouri has a reciprocal agreement with.
Who can I contact for assistance with ETPS?
Contact the ETPS Coordinator at email@example.com or call (573) 751-3538.
* Status as an approved eligible training provider is not a guarantee of student referrals nor use of WIOA training funds. Local Workforce Development Boards must also approve providers on ETPS based on justification that the training provided is for in-demand industry sectors and occupations within each region. Providers wishing to explore occupations in-demand in the Missouri economy may view labor market data found at MERIC (link is external).