Priority of Services
Veterans and spouses who meet the eligibility requirements for a program of service are to receive access
- earlier in time than the non-eligible person OR
- instead of of before the non-eligible person.
What services are available to Veterans?
Veterans and eligible spouses receive no cost access to:
- Career assessment and counseling
- Assistance with résumés, cover letters, and interviewing skills
- Job placement assistance
- Job search workshops
- Labor market information
- Computers with internet access
- Computer program assistance
- Online job application assistance
- Referrals to jobs, supportive services, and training resources
- Assistive technology hardware and software for special needs
Who is an eligible person?
A Veteran who
- has served at least one day in active military, naval, or air service AND
- was discharged under "other than dishonorable" conditions
The spouse of
- any Veteran who died of a service-connected disability OR
- any member of the armed forces serving on active duty who, at the time of spouse's request of priority, has been listed for at least 90 days as missing in action, captured in the line of duty by a foreign government or power, or forcibly detained or interned in the line of duty by a foreign government or power OR
- a Veteran who has a total disability resulting from a service-connected disability OR
- a Veteran who died while a total disability, resulting from a service-connected disability, was in existence.