Trade Adjustment Assistance

Did you lose your job due to foreign competition or because your employer moved out of the country?  

You may be eligible for assistance under the U.S. Department of Labor Trade Act program. To qualify for Trade Adjustment Assistance, the business you worked for must be on the list of Trade Act-eligible companies. Trade Adjustment Assistance is intended to help individuals return to suitable employment.

Trade Adjustment Assistance may include:

  • Training assistance
  • Job Search allowance
  • Relocation allowance
  • Trade Readjustment Allowance (TRA) (income support similar to Unemployment Insurance [UI] when specific criteria is met)
  • Alternative Trade Adjustment Assistance (ATAA)/Reemployment Trade Adjustment Assistance (RTAA) (wage-subsidy programs for workers age 50 and over)

Refer to the Related Resources section of this page for additional information. 

Visit your local Missouri Job Center where Trade Representative staff can help determine if you qualify for Trade Adjustment Assistance.