The Division of Workforce Development has staff throughout the state dedicated to assisting veterans with career transition and employment services. In addition to the services below, you may also be interested in:
Disabled Veterans Outreach Program
Specialists are available to provide case management and develop career and job training opportunities for veterans, with special emphasis on veterans with service-connected disabilities.
For more information contact the Division of Workforce Development at 573-526-9762
Local Veterans Employment Representatives
In person assistance is available for any veteran at all Missouri Career Centers. Local Veteran’s Representatives are available for personalized assistance including:
- Counseling through case management
- Job Development
- Transitional assistance to separating service members
- Identification of employment and training opportunities and direct referrals to jobs;
- Monitor job listings from federal contractors to ensure eligible veterans get priority referrals to these jobs
- Monitoring Missouri Career Centers to ensure priority of service to veterans
- Monitoring federal department and agency vacancy listings
- Referral screening of complaints from veterans regarding observance of veteran's preference in federal hiring to the Director of Employment and Training Service.
For more information contact your local Missouri Career Center.