Did you lose your job due to foreign competition or because your employer moved out of the country? You may be eligible for help through Trade Adjustment Assistance, which is provided with Federal funds through the Trade Act.
To qualify for Trade Adjustment Assistance, the business you worked for must be on a list of Trade-Act-eligible companies. Your local Missouri Career Center can help determine if you qualify for Trade Adjustment Assistance.
Trade Act benefits are intended to help individuals return to suitable employment. Benefits available for qualified individuals are: Training assistance, Job Search Allowances, Relocation Allowances, Trade Readjustment Allowances (income support while in training), and Alternative Trade Adjustment Assistance (ATAA)/Reemployment Trade Adjustment Assistance (RTAA) (wage-subsidy programs for workers age 50 and over).
Other Trade Adjustment Services that may be available in your area:
- Skills Assessment: Connecting work skills, training and testing for education and employers
- On-the-Job Training: On-the-job training takes place in a normal working situation, using the actual tools, equipment, documents or materials that trainees will use when fully trained.
- Remedial Education: Specific remedial training for job seekers may be required to refresh and upgrade knowledge and skills related to their duties.
- Prerequisite/Skills Education: Specific training for jobseekers to upgrade knowledge and skills in a new occupational field that leads to a credential, such as a certificate, license, or degree.
- Other services such as: Vocational Counseling, Job Placement, Reemployment Services, and Transportation/Subsistence Reimbursement (while in training).
To read more go to: