Missouri Career Centers operate agricultural programs for farmworkers and employers. In areas where large populations of farmworkers reside, outreach efforts by Missouri Career Centers help insure farmwokers are aware of employment and training services.
If you are a farmworker and want more information contact your nearest Missouri Career Center by calling 1-888-728-JOBS (5627) or contact the Missouri State Monitor Advocate at 573-526-8273.
Missouri Migrant Education Program
Missouri migrant students typically report for school in late spring and may still be here for opening of the fall term. By November, most have left Missouri to return to their homes. The Missouri English Language Learners (MELL) program makes an effort to identify every migrant family moving into the state and assures that school aged children are placed in school.
Supplemental services are also available through the Migrant Education Program (MEP). For information call 1-800-762-4146 or view MEP brochures (in English and Spanish). MEP Services include:
- Preschool programs
- instruction in English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Health referrals
- Summer school
Agricultural Recruitment System
The Agricultural Recruitment System is operated by Missouri Career Centers and helps agricultural employers recruit agricultural workers on an in-state or out-of-state basis. Contact your local Missouri Career Center for more information.
Other Agricultural Resources
- National Farmworker Jobs Program
- The National Farmworker Jobs Program provides job training and employment assistance for migrant and seasonal farmworkers. Use the link above or call (866) 789-4870 (United Migrant Opportunity Services) for more information.
- Migrant Education Resources
- Information on a broad range of services which can assist migrant and seasonal farmworkers and their children with education issues.