Access and Keep Your Dream Career
Missouri Career Centers offer workshops to help maximize your job search efforts. We also include workshops to assist laid off workers at the time of the layoff.
To find workshop locations and schedules contact the Missouri Career Center located closest to you or check our list of local workshop schedules:
Local Workshop Schedules
These five primary workshops are designed to give you the practical guidance you need to get the career of your dreams. Click on the Workshops listed below to learn more.
- Career Exploration
- This workshop gives you the tools to assess your knowledge, skills, personal interests and priorities on the journey to finding the job that is best for you (or not a good fit) and identify resources available to find a rewarding career.
- Career Networking
- Learn the benefits of effective and strategic ‘networking’ and how these interpersonal resources and contacts could lead to a new job. This workshop applies what you learn, so you will develop a plan to present yourself to networking groups, a networking source list, and develop a list of the types of networking groups.
- Resume Preparation
- Find out what employers are looking for when they read a resume and cover letter. Identify and optimize all the basic components of a resume - skills and abilities, work history, and education - so that you stand out above the others. Learn how to use the same strategies in completing excellent online applications.
- Interview Process
- With this workshop you get practical advice on how to best showcase your skills and experience through research, practice, and preparation. Get helpful tips on how to dress and groom for an interview. Learn the different types of interviews and develop a strategy for each one.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Using a computer competently is essential for today’s job seeker. Learn the basic computer skills necessary to search and apply for jobs. This workshop includes everything from using the keyboard to accessing the Internet to creating and saving files. In addition, learn to use jobs.mo.gov to search for your next job.
Workshops for Laid off Workers
These specialized workshops are designed to assist workers at the time of layoff and are often coordinated with our Re-employment Services Team, which is available to assist employers through layoffs or business closures. Click a title below to learn more.
- Take Control of Your Finances
- Managing your bills until a new job opportunity appears is less stressful when you have a plan. Training topics include: how to track your spending and how to develop a budget, how to cut expenses, HOPE NOW mortgage services, how to prioritize debts and maintain good relation with creditors, understanding COBRA Continuation Health insurance coverage, how to avoid debt and credit scams, and how to identify resources in your community that can help you save money.
- FastTrac New Venture
- FastTrac New Venture workshops are available to dislocated workers with an interest in starting their own business. FastTrac New Venture workshops help you research your business idea and decide whether starting a business is right for you.