Training or going back to school can be expensive. Grants and loans may be available based on financial need. Scholarships may be available from your chosen school or professional and community-based organizations.
Always check with the school's financial aid office and insure you have completed all applications and met any deadlines, for available financial aid.
If you fall into certain eligible categories, special assistance may be available. These categories include certain individuals affected by a lay-off, disability, or veterans. Check with your Missouri Career Center to learn more.
Financial Aid Resources
- Special Skill Training Opportunities
- Have you been affected by a layoff? Staff at your Missouri Career Center can determine if you are eligible for dislocated worker or trade adjustment assistance.
- PELL Grants
- Need-based grants to low-income undergraduate and certain post baccalaureate students to promote access to postsecondary education.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Used by many schools, most students will need to fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) every school year. FAFSA on the Web allows students to complete and submit their financial aid application electronically.
- Missouri Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Assisting eligible persons with disabilities in obtaining and maintaining quality employment.
- Missouri Rehabilitation Services for the Blind
- Offering a wide range of services to eligible persons.
- Veteran’s Assistance
- The Home for All Educational Benefits Provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs