Your business can help train and mentor Missouri’s future workforce. Our youth services provide employment and training activities for economically disadvantaged youth ages 14 to 21. Youth services that may be available in your local Missouri Career Center:
- Summer employment opportunities directly linked to academic and occupational learning
- Paid and unpaid work experience, including internships and job shadowing
- Skills assessment and skills upgrade opportunities for the youth; we help our youth know their skills, improve their skills, and get the best job possible with their skills
- Work Readiness instruction to help them be prepared for their first job
- Guidance to assist youth in educational planning including: high school completion. GED attainment and post secondary learning opportunities.
- Businesses are connected with young employees that are eager to learn and contribute.
- Case management services that provide the youth and their employer with regular contact, which includes addressing work-related problems that arise
- Supportive service linkages to assist the youth with in achieving their goals and overcoming barriers in their lives
- Youth must meet program guidelines to participate. Ask for the Youth Specialist at your local Missouri Career Center, to learn how your business can participate in this program.