Get as much as $2,400 in business tax credits per eligible worker when you hire job seekers with barriers to employment. There is no limit to the number of qualifying new hires or total amount of credits distributed per year.
The Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) may be claimed by any private for-profit business as long as they hire job seekers with barriers to employment from one of the targeted groups. The Veteran target groups may also be claimed by qualified tax-exempt organizations (as described in section 501(a) and 501(c)).
- Up to $2,400 in business tax credits per eligible worker.
- The tax credits apply only when a business hires a job seeker with barriers to employment and thus, a member of a target group indicated on Federal Form ETA-9061.
- The tax credits cannot be claimed on previous employees, relatives, domestic employees, or on wages federally subsidized by on-the-job training programs.
- The job seeker must be screened for target group membership on or before the day that you offer the job.
- The application filing deadline must be met.
Find Out More: